I discovered Ms. King several years ago. Today, for no obvious reason, I was in the mood for her percussive style. While listening on Reverbnation (her account’s pretty neglected there, fyi) I found this embed code. So I, being me, needed to plug that in and see how it looks.
Just some thoughts, though, on her online presence (that is a key part of “what I do”, after all).
- Facebook seems to be her main touch-point with her fans. The page looks great and current.
- Twitter is pretty solid, much the same. No major points to bring up.
- Instagram is not too shabby. It’s not that powerful a media player yet, but solid enough to be a great touch-point with fans. A good blend of personal and work.
- Now, her website; that’s an area I would invest some time. Very sparse, and not much touch for fans. Other than a few tour dates, and links to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Soundcloud, it’s pretty vacant.
- And, lastly, the aforementioned Soundcloud. Shows album covers, and has links to iTunes and Google Play, and back to her main site. And that’s it. No music on the site at all. I think it would be wise to have something there, perhaps one song from each album. Some kind of sampler. Also, perhaps some more recent experiments. Just to keep engaged. The empty account, that is linked to by her main page, is pretty awkward.
Just some thoughts from someone who spends a lot of time working in this space, loves Kaki King’s music, and would really love to see her grow as a professional artist.